22/05/2018

Pretty much EVERYONE who pertains to be 'Industrial' has completely missed the point and take the term 'Industrial' far too literally. For us in the 70s'-80s' it was a way of life, a certain mindset and attitude of non-conformity. We were anti- facists, anti-communist, anti-music industry and anti-government. We still are. Industrial Music as a genre has become a Frankenstein's monster and bears no relationship to what we started in the 1970s'. It has become just another metal bashing sub-genre of goth, punk and rock.
-Chris Carter


I get NO masochistic pleasure from my risks, but I do get the satisfaction of facing up to my fears and relinquishing inherited, and to me false, taboos and neuroses in a way that offers a system of revelation and education to a percentage of bystanders.
-P-Orridge

from Guaranteeing Disappointment:Time, Culture, and Transgression in the Context of Throbbing Gristle’s Late Performances

by Clint McCallum